Laughter is a universal language. In fact, humor has no language at all. A simple funny joke enacted with the right expression can transcend language barriers and can make anyone laugh.
Take babies for example. They totally crack up when you blow raspberries on their tummy. As they grow older, babies start responding to funny faces and can have a really wacky sense of humor.
Humor is a great way to connect. A good dose of laughter makes us capable of taking life’s challenges and more resilient. A good sense of humor has long been associated with higher intelligence, better social skills, high self-esteem, confidence and improved self control.
So while we all are aware of these amazing benefits of laughter, we seldom do anything to nurture the funny bone. We somehow believe it is inherent. Whatever the case may be, nurturing sense of humor is a great idea any day. It is one skill that can never go out of style.
Nurturing your child’s sense of humor does not require any special training. All you need to do is be a part of the process. Crack silly jokes, laugh on yourself…basically just be funny yourself.
And if you think you lack the funny bone yourself, here is some help. Below are forty hilarious kids friendly jokes to get you and your children started.
Funny Jokes for Kids
1. Why are ghosts bad liars?
Because we can see through them
2. Why did Dracula lie in the wrong coffin?
Because he made a ‘GRAVE’ mistake
4. Why are fishes so smart?
Because they live in a school.
5. Why are skeletons so calm?
Because nothing can get under their skin
6. Why did the dinosaur refuse to use a deodorant?
Because it did not want to go ex-stink.
7. Where do cows go for fun?
To the moo-vies.
8. Guess who does tick-tock, woof-woof, tick-tock, woof-woof?
10. What did the gingerbread man put on his bed?
A cookie sheet
11. Name a ball that does not bounce
12. What is a snowman’s favorite food?
14. What do you call a Pig who knows karate?
A Pork Chop!
16. Why are frogs always happy?
Because they eat whatever bug them
17. Why do bees have stick hair?
Because they use a Honeycomb!
18. What has four wheels and flies?
A Garbage truck
19. Name a bow that can’t be tied
20. Which button you cannot un-button
21. What did one pencil say to another pencil?
You are looking sharp!
22. How do bees go to school?
On a school buzz!
23. What is a tornado’s favorite game?
24. What do you call a flower that roars?
25. What do you call a bear with no teeth?
A gummy bear!!
27. Why flamingos stand on one leg?
Because they would fall if they lifted both legs!!
28. What do call an owl wearing an armor?
A K-night owl!
29. Which lights did Noah use on his boat?
31. What can you catch but not throw?
32. What do you call a cow that plays a Piano?
33. What do you call an alligator in a vest?
34. How to spot a smart spider?
It has a WEB-site!
35. Why did the police arrest the cook?
Because the cook was beating an egg!!
36. What did baby corn ask mama-corn?
Where is POP-corn!!
37. What did the monkey say to the banana?
You have got A-peel!
38. How do you turn light chocolate into dark chocolate?
By turning the lights off!
39. What do the elves learn at school?
40. What is the only kind of poo that is not smelly?